Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!




Happy Halloween! 

I cant make this post very long but I usually try and update my blog right before a con!
I never really have a reason to dress up for Halloween or celebrate it since it always hangs so close to Youmacon! Maybe next year I can make it to some local parties or something!

Even though, im not going going out or anything today, and dont expect to get any trick-or-treaters, I decided to dress up just for fun! What are you going to wear for Halloween?! 



Speaking of spooky things related I recently played Yume Nikki. And I must say..this game is COMPLETELY FREAKIN AWESOME! Aaaaahhh! Or should I say "ああああああああああああ!!!"


In my opinion its a pretty well known game since its so old, but I feel like some people know it for the wrong reasons. Mostly for the "Vomit-chan" picture that's used a lot online. Well if you don't know the game, its a sort of puzzle game where you have to find items called "effects". You are a mysterious girl named Madotsuki who enters a bizarre dream world once she falls asleep. What makes this game fun is that there is no dialog and almost every door takes you into tons of different levels. (some I still need to find again) The game has a lot of cool and creepy easter eggs in it too and if fun just to play around. However, I HIGHLY suggest not getting too lost since most of the levels loop and some even go on for infinity.The game isn't very scary (excluding one incident) but more psychological. You often find your self wondering why, Madotsuki has dreams like this or what her life is like for her to dream like this. There are tons of theories out there and some make me roll my eyes but some others are actually pretty interesting theories. Now im not a big person who makes these elaborate theories but here is mine:

( I am going to try and explain this without any spoilers. My idea of Madotsuki is that her life is pretty miserable (for whatever reason, but id like to think a bad home life and lots of stress) and her dreams start becoming these crazy elaborate places she has never seen to escape from her reality. I feel that for the (surprising) ending she starts getting confused on what is reality and what isn't  Kind of like the episode of the Twilight Zone about a man who has a hard life and every time he falls asleep on the train, he is dreaming about getting off a mysterious stop called "Willoughby" At the end of the episode he starts to become confused by what is real and when he is dreaming. Its a really good episode. Go watch it. )

I have to say one of the most hard hitting scenes was definitely Uboa. I wont spoil too much but lets just say its a 1 in 64 chance that you will activate him. You do this by flicking the light switch in Poniko's adorable room. Now I tried this a few times but gave up because I didn't have the patience. After I beat the game though, I went back to little Poniko's room and attacked the light switch! I counted how many times I went in and out of that room to turn the light switch off. Over and over. It took 23 tries than BAM!!!! Scariest thing ive seen in a long while. I was so focused on counting that my guard was down and I was terrified. My hear got all warm and jumped out of my chest!!! I had no clue what to do! So if you want to play this game, don't loose patience; its worth it!

This game is awesome and I will probably pick it back up a lot in the future. 
(P.S. You might see a Yume Nikki cosplay from me eventually~ )

~~~~

Speaking of cosplay, I have been very very busy with preparations for youmacon. I didnt even really give myself a difficult costume. I gave myself something easy and simple that could be done in about less than a month. But Its a day before I leave and I am still trying to finish up! AAAH! 

I am very excited!

I must admit, I am a bit peeved with Youmacon this year due to all the scheduel changing. Currently, the idolmaster panel that I wanted to go to is at the same time as the Touhou photoshoot! I am sooo torn! (But I already promised I would help out at the photoshoot)

Maybe they will change the scheduel one more time just for me! <3

Here is my cosplay scheduel for the moment but it is subject to change (JUST LIKE ALL OF YOUMA!)
























Cant wait to see you guys there and thanks for reading!!




No comments:

Post a Comment